The USCIS has announced that it will be resuming premium processing of
cases in states starting next week.
- Effective on June 1, 2020 USCIS will accept and process I-140 applications
in premium processing
- Effective June 8th, all H-1B cases (that are not subject to the 2021
H Cap) and L-1 cases that have been filed before June 8th may be upgraded
to Premium Processing
- Effective June 15, USCIS plans on resuming premium processing for all
concurrent premium processing filing with I-129 petitions who meet the
- Companies that are Cap Exempt (such as an institution of higher education,
a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization)
- The beneficiary is cap-exempt based on a Conrad/IGA waiver under INA
- Effective June 22, 2020 USCIS will resume premium processing for ALL
eligible cases (including H-Cap Petitions).
In our earlier Client Alert, there was an inadvertent error. We had incorrectly
stated that all non-cap dependent cases would be eligible for premium
processing on June 15th, 2020. In fact, June 22, 2020 is the date when
all cases become eligible for Premium Processing upgrades. We regret this error.
Please contact USILAW with any questions. You may reach us via email at